Protopresbyter Milutin Veljko
Father Milutin was born on March 31, 1950, in Blagaja near Kupres, of parents Drago and Milica. He completed his elementary schooling in Cepina near Osijek, where his family moved in 1963. In 1973 he completed the St. Arsenije of Srem Seminary in Sremski Karlovci, and in 1979 he completed the Theological Faculty in Belgrade. During his theological studies he also studied archeology at the Philosophical Faculty in Belgrade.
During his studies, he worked at one time as the secretary of the Theological Faculty, and after that at the Narodna Banka as an import officer.
He was ordained to the diaconate on St. Nicholas Day in 1979, and on the next day, December 20, to the priesthood in the Cathedral Church in Novi Sad by Bishop Nikanor of Backa, of blessed memory.
He was appointed parish priest in Dalj on January 1, 1980. He was at this parish until June 17, 1986, when he was accepted as a cleric of the Diocese of Canada.
He first served the parish of the Holy Trinity in Kitchener, until December 1, 1991, when 'by need of service' he was transferred to Ottawa. He was assigned to the parish of Oshawa and Scarborough at the St. Arsenije Church in Whitby, on October 1, 1993.
While he was parish priest in Kitchener, the church of the Holy Trinity was built, and for that he was advanced to the rank of Protonamesnik in 1989. On the feast day of Transfiguration of Our Lord in 1999, at the Monastery in Milton, he was awarded the rank of protopresbyter.
With his wife Branka, nee Markovic, he has three sons: Aleksandar, Andreja and Petar.